At the San Francisco Firefighters Cancer Prevention Foundation, we educate every incoming SFFD fire academy class about the cancer risks in our profession. We also provide continuing education to San Francisco firefighters throughout their careers on cancer risks and steps they can take to reduce exposures. A resource we like to share is the Pre- And Polyfluoroalkyl (PFAS) Substance Awareness Slideshow.
In this resource, we cover the following:
- Pre- And Polyfluoroalkyl (PFAS) Substance – What Are They?
- PFAS Have Found Industrial Use Everywhere
- Pre- And Polyfluoroalkyl (PFAS) Substance – What’s the Problem?
- Health Effects of PFAS
- Firefighters & PFAS
- Dr. Graham Peaslee’s Study Results
- Preventative Measures – Right Now
- Preventative Measures – Long Term
Download this free resource today to learn more about PFAS and the preventative steps you or your loved one can take to reduce the risk of cancer.